The Utah DAMA Chapter is a not-for-profit, vendor-independent, professional organization dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of enterprise data management. Our primary purpose is to connect data management professionals and broaden understanding of data management best practices and opportunities.
The Utah DAMA Chapter’s mission is to engage in activities that connect data management professionals and promote data management concepts and awareness.
- To promote and develop data management concepts and practices.
- To be a focal point for issues relating to data management practices.
- To further the professional development of data management professionals.
- To enhance executive and leadership understanding of how data management affects the bottom line.
The Utah DAMA Chapter was founded in the Fall of 2020 with the first meeting in February 2021
- The Utah DAMA Chapter holds six meetings annually on topics associated with the foundations of data management. These meetings include informal round-table discussions, featured presenters, sharing experiences among professionals in our field, and much more.
- Meetings are generally free to all Corporate and Individual members and for first-time attendees (unless a meal or other costs are involved).
- Gain exposure to current data management techniques.
- Opportunity to network with other data management professionals along the Wasatch Front
- Professional development and education. Learn about new data management techniques at six meetings per year from experts in the field
- Topics include data quality, data architecture, data governance, metadata management, master data management, big data, data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and more
- Share collective experience of your data management peers.
- Awareness of job opportunities at other members’ organizations
- Join a professional group with international reach
- Access to Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification
- Take advantage of member discounts at various conferences and seminars, including Enterprise Data World (EDW), Data Governance Information Quality Conference (DGIQ), Data Architecture Summit, and more
- Membership includes admittance to all Utah DAMA Chapter meetings